View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #95
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

Default Re: "I am Doom...What Gods Dare Stand Against Me"---The official Dr. Doom Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
Does anyone associate the Incredible Hulk with the Ang Lee Hulk? I don't think so. It's pretty clear that they are two different takes on the character that don't exist within the same continuity, etc. I think folks would be able to do the same with an FF reboot.

What "untapped potential" of the FF origin are you speaking of? I thought that was one of the few things that stood out as being done right. I am not saying that it could not be improved but I would hate for what may be our last attempt at an FF movie [for the foreseeable future] to be bogged down with covering the same ground that has already been covered decently.

Again, look at ASM - close to one hour wasted getting us back to the point we should have been at from the start - a few short flash backs would have given us what little "new" information that was presented. At least with Spidey, we knew going in that Sony was going to give us more than one movie in this new series - not so with Fox and the FF.
I think the origin was pretty bland for the most part in the original movie.I mean there is alot of potential storytelling wise.You could show them meeting in college with Doom.Ben tranforming into The Thing for the first time and his emotional devolopment.Hell,have them all develop as more than just one dimensional characters in general.I think their origin is more than they just get on the spaceship and BLAM superpowers.

I don't think an origin story would be the worst thing to happen to FF like a lot of people may seem to believe I just think that it can be told a lot better an make for a better movie.I personally think the F4 deserve better.