View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #73
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
As much as I want them back I can't come up with a single feasible reason how they can do it without it looking/sounding stupid. I mean, it'd be such a stretch to bring both of them back--at least in the future. They'd have to come up with some pretty corny-ass excuse considering all that was done in X3.

(Not that this franchise is not above silly reasonings, like the one Charles Xavier used in X3..."The only explanation is that Jean's body must've wrapped itself in a cocoon of telekinetic energy.")
Well, I admit that Jean is a tricky one, but with the Phoenix itself you kinda have the key right there to bring her back and attribute it to an aspect of the Phoenix. You could just say that Magneto and Prof. X actually got it wrong and the Phoenix is more than just a split personality that takes Jeans power cap off (which was just stupid itself imo) and have her be something similar to what the comics say she is.

However, I think Cyclops is easy to bring back with much less handwavey shenanigans going on. It was an onscreen death and all we really hear from Jean is "I think I killed Scott". Much easier to say "no. It turns out he was in a coma in a hospital somewhere" or something like that.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.