View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:22 AM   #46
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
exactly. But that interview, or whatever was posted, made it sound like they will try to create some scientific explanation for it
I'm aware. I read it. But I hope they don't. Some things are better left unexplained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'm perfectly happy with "it's magic" being an excuse; always worked for Thor before in the comics. Despite some people wanting to turn Thor more towards sci-fi than fantasy, the fact remains that the Asgardian milieu is straight-up Dungeons & Dragons/World of Warcraft, and always will be.

The only thing I'd really want explained (and not in technical detail, mind you --- just story logic) is how they travel between worlds. Or planes. Or planetoids, or dimensions, or what the **** ever. Just set some basic guidelines for that, and stay consistent with it from movie to movie.
The Bifrost Cannon came really close to stepping over the line for me personally. That edged juuuuust a little too far into sci-fi territory for me. I don't know how I'd have done it differently though so I don't mention it much. Thor opening a portal with his hammer would be a pretty nice thing to see though.

Also early D&D had lots of sci-fi elements mixed in with the fantasy. Expedition to the Barrier Peaks featured a crashed alien starship as the dungeon, complete with robots and ray guns.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion