View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #895
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Well, small businesses are the job creators, that is kind of obvious. BUT, they will hire those people if they know that the future deems they will need them. The future is so up in the air right now, because all they see happening over the past few years are things that take more and more money out of their pocket, and our economy is not even growing at 1%, it is actually less than that. It needs to be growing at at least 3% we would like 4%. So they are holding on to their money...I don't blame them. NOW, did the tax breaks help them? apparently not, but Obama now owns this economy...what happens now he is held accountable for....Bush has had his time. He screwed it up as well, but his time of being the "holder of all things wrong is this world..." are now gone. Good luck to Obama, its all his now.
I think the problem is the Republicans throw around the term "Job Creator" so much as if giving tax breaks people are instantly going to create jobs, which is ridiculous. Simple fact if a business saves X amount due to tax breaks, they will not create extra jobs out of the goodness of their heart, they will only create those jobs if the economy demands they do. The term basically sounds like it comes from the Frank Luntz word factory

I honestly wish somebody would call out the term for the stupidity it has, instead the Democrats got sucked into using it themselves which buys into the Republican talking point that business owners are somehow demigods who we owe everything in the world to.

What I find even funnier is you look at the amount of focus both parties give to business owners in elections and how much of the electorate is actually a business owner it's almost a waste of time and assets pandering to a group that has a very small voting power.