View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #722
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
But they will need him again, and someone will be there to protect the city. This is why I love the ending of TDKR so much. It completely re-informed the theme of Batman Begins...that the Batman became a symbol, an icon, and legend that would be incorruptible and (factoring in the ideas of the LOS which were instilled in him) immortal.

The Blake character is one reason that many fans have rejected TDKR, but I do kind of embrace it. If you can accept that Chris Nolan's Batman series in NOT the comics, you can understand that this trilogy deserved a definitive ending for Bruce. He earned it, physically and emotionally, with a career that was pretty long for any man to endure (in reality). TDKR's ending is the perfect combo of "ambiguous" and "definitive", in that we don't really know what will happen in the future but we still know how our story ended.
They might. They might not. But Bruce won't be there to force Batman on them whether they like it or not. That was one of the things that frustrated Alfred about Bruce, especially in TDKR, and you see parts of that in TDK. Bruce just assumes he knows better than anyone else.

Blake expressed better judgement on the amount of meddling someone like Batman should do.