View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #44
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Crazy Marvel Movies you want to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
How about an Iron Fist & Power Man Bromance?
Bromances or even brom-coms are fine. Even romances between characters (of whatever genders) are perfectly acceptable. What I would not like to see is an entire Marvel film devoted to the romantic antics of some supercouple and their wacky, super-powered sidekicks. Superfriends With Benefits would be my idea of water-boarding in film form. (Hawkingbird and I are female, BTW. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
If the Shaun of the Dead can a be "a romantic comedy.........with zombies" than I don't think it would be that hard pull off a Marvel. Hell, the Iron Man movies already fit the bill really.
The way the Iron Man franchise handles his relationship with Pepper falls more into the "screwball (action) comedy with dramatic overtones" category. The Pepperony relationship wasn't the sole focus of the films, though it was an integral part. They even had their screwball moment in The Avengers, along with the drama of Tony's near-death experience and last minute call to Pepper. That's how romance should be handled, as an important part of the heroes' lives but not the only thing the movies are about.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote