View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #68
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
"Safe zone?" "Safe zone?" What the hell kind of talk is that? It's an open forum....people are free to express dissenting opinions whenever and wherever they like.

And Ell Oh Friggin' Ell at you calling me a "Fox troll" who belongs in "the Fox forums." Wasn't aware that there was segregation on these boards (probably because there isn't, much to your chagrin), but I don't hang out on the "Fox boards." In fact, I hang out 99.9% in all the *Marvel Studios* threads, every last one of them, and you'd damn well know it if you actually went to any of them yourself (come to think of it, I've never seen you in any of the Avenger, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Ant-Man, or Guardians boards).

If it makes you feel any better (it won't), I'm not a big fan of non-Marvel studios in general. Singer did an adequate job with the first two X-films and I understand why he was asked back for DOFP; Vaughn did a great job with XMFC; I think all the Spidey films except #3 were very good, although Lizard was atrocious; I think Daredevil (Director's Cut) is woefully underrated; and I think everything else --- the FF films, the GR films, X3, Spidey 3, XMOW, and Elektra --- sucked ass.

Would it be wonderful to see all Marvel properties back under one roof? You betcha. Feige knows what he's doing. But you know what would happen if they got all their characters back tomorrow? Marvel would still be knocking out TWO FILMS A YEAR, and Feige has even said so. That means that a TON of characters who are currently franchised would go to the backburner and probably never see the light of day again. Cap would have to hang up his shield so that Spidey could join the MCU, the X-Men would push Hulk into oblivion, Thor's run would end to make room for the FF; and other characters who have yet to debut in the MCU would be dropped entirely --- Dr. Strange, Deadpool, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Luke Cage, etc. etc. etc.

Is that what you'd prefer? To see Marvel Studios keep churning out just same-ole/same-ole Iron Man, Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Wolverine films, at the expense of all these other franchises that are trying to get off the ground?
well when you say...

Quote:
In box-office terms, X-Men outclass (by a large margin) everything Marvel Studios has put out that doesn't feature the words "Iron" or "Avengers" in the title. For that matter, X1 made more money than any DC film that doesn't feature the words "The Dark Knight" in it.
and say..
Quote:
Mystique was J-Law's breakout role. She was literally nominated for "Breakout Performance" awards as Mystique, and it's that turn that convinced casting directors to give her the lead in Hunger Games.
I kinda put you I that category though your clearly not that jaded. Sometimes I talk to people but talk past people sometimes.. Anyway. People seem to think when Feige was speaking on 2 movies a year due to the fear of saturation that he wasn't taking the other studios in consideration.. Marvel is with Disney so in the words of Jay Z "Money Aint A Thang". If they had all their characters then they at least do three movies a year..

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote