View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #754
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
The second that Blake started his little speech, I just knew it would turn out bad. That look he was giving Bruce, I could just see it in his face. I mean, JGL might not know it, but I've seen bad speeches before. It's just one of those lines in a movie that, you know, deep down you can tell how horrible its going to turn out. I could feel it in my bones and stuff....
Speaking of which (and yet, not ), I was actually really impressed with how they lit JGL's face when he tells the story. Usually he looks quite young, but the way the light shone on his left eye, aged him about 10 years. And then the right side of his face still looked pretty youthful. It was a very interesting contrast, and alluded that losing one's parents violently is something painful that they share, and that both men, despite still being young (40 is really not that old), have lived several lifetimes of trauma because of what they've experienced.

No, I did not think the scene was lame. I was too busy being impressed at the lighting.

It's also quite possible that most of other orphans in the boy's home (or even all of them besides Blake) lost their parents in non-criminal means. Car accidents or medical issues and the like. Or they were too young to remember.