View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #15
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: The Winter Soldier Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Did you just suggest Sunglasses would be more effective at hiding his identity than a mask?

I'll give ya the cowl or hood, but those just wouldn't work with his look

but sunglasses?? c'mon now
why would a wetworks sniper type guy who works mostly at night, and from long distances, and quite often in rain and bad weather, wear sunglasses?

Actually, I wasn't even thinking of hiding Bucky's identity because Steve Rogers is the only living person who knows or cares who James Buchanan Barnes really is. The guy has been MIA since 1945; all of his friends and relatives from that time would be either dead or extremely old. If he's any good at all as an assassin he is an expert at avoiding detection, disabling surveillance cameras and not leaving any evidence of his activities.

The suggestion of sunglasses was inspired by the shades Hawkeye wore in some promo pictures. I always assumed that a marksman would wear shades that had some sort of technological enhancements, such as night vision capabilities. When it comes to hiding his face, why doesn't Bucky have a full mask anyway? Domino masks are not only ridiculous looking, but they just don't do the job. And that goes for Ms. Marvel, Nightwing, Green Lantern, a half dozen Robins and any other character who has one.

Last edited by xeno000; 02-24-2013 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Grammar.
xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote