View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #70
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Plan out the sequels to Amazing Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
I'm just speculating with the information given. It's just strange how they keep saying they've got "everything planned out", yet are obviously flying by the seat of their pants ("Maybe there'll be three films, maybe four...").

Series like Harry Potter could pull it off because they already had 7 pre-written stories they knew they were going to follow and a predetermined goal. This series isn't like that. It just seems dumb and incompetent when, with a superhero series like this, you can't complete a character/story arc in three films (three act structure).
You are free to speculate, but you have no basis for claiming they are "flying by the seat of their pants." The only official statement on the amount of films has been that it will be at least a trilogy. Other than that you have no clue how much of the series they have or have not written, or how well it was written. If you want to believe that a character arc literally cannot be done in 3 films thats your prerogative (I happen to agree when it comes to Peter/Spidey but not Gwen Stacy, for her three films is plenty). If you want to believe a film series can't successfully kill off a main character in the third film, also your prerogative.

But your argument about the production team not knowing what they are doing is quite inane. Unless you are involved in the production, which i doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
However many films there end up being, I hope they can keep the same cast and improve/maintain the quality throughout.
This is not only a far more optimistic/positive outlook on the franchise but also quite a bit more reasonable. I also hope the quality improves. I believe they are off to a great start, and they should keep it up.

I won't complain about recasting minor roles, I'd prefer them at least get through Oscorp before recasting any major roles (which so far I hope they do not do)