View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #472
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Oh please.You keep pushing this more people Intrested In first Class than X4 crap.First Class was lowest grossing film In series.Most people who saw first Class were die hard X-Men fans.

Bryan Singer directing and returning of original trilogy actors has created a lot of buzz.
Online buzz, yeah, but casual moviegoers who don't follow popular culture on the internet wouldn't be a part of that. Plus I'm not even sure how big this online buzz really is. I visit a few movie discussion forums and it's usual for threads for upcoming movies to appear months before it comes out. I've seen threads for Avengers 2, Spider-Man sequel, Justice League, but DoFP so far has been a no-show.

FC may not have been a smasher at the box office, but it has been the latest X-Men movie and the freshest one in people's minds. DoFP is still referred to as First Class sequel in DoFP-related articles I've read on mainstream movie sites (and the byline of this very forum). The return of the old actors raised people's interest, true, but they're still talked about as returning in the context of a First Class sequel.

And I very much doubt that the general public out there is hankering after X4 in the same way that X-Men die-hards are. That movie was made to be a conclusion of the trilogy, so from the point of view of the public all those stories and characters have come to a natural end. It wasn't meant to create a "I wonder what happened next" feeling in movie-goers.

Quote:
We discover our characters, particularly the younger characters, at a different place in their lives.
I just assumed that by younger characters Singer is referring to the younger Charles, Erik, Raven, Beast etc. Now that the old cast is back they're the youngsters