View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #954
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
^ I remember that. I think it was going to be called Superman Unleashed, though. At least according to Legendary's private emlpoyee website.

Most of that sounds good. Except for the big problem of Returns becomes an even bigger problem for Unleashed: Superman is now forced to murder the son he had with Lois. My god. This is SUPERMAN. Can you imagine how the loss of a child would have affected the characters?

But I really like the "the world's pissed at Superman for witholding alien tech and not doing enough for third world countries etc." I wouldn't mind seeing that for MoSII. Include that with Earth based threats (Metallo, Parasite etc) funded by a certain shady business man...who is also running for President, and we might be on to something. Just have to find a way to make these villains as 'big' as Zod and co. (As somebody said, I too get a distinct 'villain of the week' vibe from Metallo).

EDIT: It's definately real. Dougherty even talked about it in an interview when it was clear they were being rebooted.
A bulk of the story sounds like it was inspired from the comic book arc that was adapted into the "Superman vs the Elite" film where Superman was questioned several times on why he didn't supposedly do more for humanity when he has the means to, etc.

And yeah, i agree that I wouldn't mind seeing this type of storyline take place in future installments.