View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #35
TheFantasticJoe
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who are the top 5 villains you most wanna see do again?

My top five, in order of the lower end of "need it" to the highest.

5. The Joker. We all know it will happen eventually, because having a Batman series with no mention of the Joker is practically unheard of. I want to see it eventually, but save it for later - not because I think Heath's performance will never be topped, but because we have had a great fill of Joker recently and I'd like to see us kick off with something different. When he is used, I want to see Harley Quinn with him - I'll expand on this in a bit.

4. Mr. Freeze. He's definitely in need of a do-over, no doubt about it. If and when he is done again, I'd like a bit more than just a rehash of the Heart of Ice story. Of course you can still use Nora as his driving motivation, but we've already seen countless adaptations of that story, and I could stand to see a more fresh take on it.

3. Poison Ivy. Hopefully we'll be moving into a more fantastical universe with this reboot, and if so, I'd love to see what they would do with Ivy in a less campy setting. What I'm most interested in seeing, however, is a Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn team-up movie. That might be a bit fanboyish of me, but I've always loved the dynamic the two had together, and it would be interesting to see a Batman movie driven by female villains this time around.

2. The Riddler. This is probably the most likely villain we will see first, and I can definitely understand the demand for him. However, I can't say I'm too thrilled with the fan ideas I've seen across the 'net - it's all either "Jigsaw clone" or "detective". If/when he's used, I don't want him to be a grand-scale murderous villain or working with anybody else. I want to see him as an egomaniac driven by one desire - to prove he is smarter than Batman. Make a movie where he is the sole villain that brings Batman's detective skills front and center. I want a back-and-forth battle of wits between the two in a movie full of twists and turns that will keep you guessing until the credits roll. The example I often use is Jim Moriarty's relationship with the titular character in Sherlock, the BBC series. Give me a cerebral Riddler movie, or don't give me the Riddler at all.

1. The Penguin. Hands down, if there's a villain that needs a revamp, it's the Penguin. While I loved Danny DeVito's portrayal, you have to face the fact that it's simply not the Penguin, and unfortunately, if you ask most people who the Penguin is, chances are they'll say a mutated freak who lives in the sewers. While it worked well in the Burton universe, I think it's about time he gets a better representation to the public. I want to see him as a crime boss who runs the Iceberg Lounge - a gentleman to the public, but a dirty, mean S.O.B. behind closed doors. My ideal first movie in a Batman reboot series would to have a war between crime bosses in Gotham, Penguin on one side, Black Mask on the other, with Killer Croc as an enforcer for one of them - but I'm getting ahead of myself. Point is, since Bane already had a proper do-over, it's time the second-most deserving of one gets one as well.

TheFantasticJoe is offline   Reply With Quote