View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:30 AM   #92
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
As far as her personality goes, I'm not buying the "different aspects of her personality" bit. There isn't anything consistent between the three aspects. She's scared and insecure, then she's angry, and I don't even know what she was in X3. Whereas someone like Cyclops, who had less screen time than her in the movies, is consistent and when he acts the way he does in X3 he's justified.

The sad thing is that I like Storm, and I like Halle Berry. I just think the writing has been weak regarding her in the trilogy. They did amazingly with other characters, but if she's in DOFP I want to see better writing. Unless it's just a cameo.
I have to agree with you. Storm has been the most lazily written character in the entire trilogy. X3 was supposed to be her movie, the same way X1 was Rogue's and X2 was Jean's. They came up with the great idea of Storm growing into this leader reminiscent of the comics but the execution was all wrong. Storm comes off as a cold character and there is no development of how she takes the responsibility of being a leader.

At alcatraz all logic points to Storm being the one giving orders but instead it is Logan. It just does my head in this franchises obsession over wolvie

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER