View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #112
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
If you have to try so hard to explain and justify a character's portrayal, and reach for examples of her leading like "she walked in front of Wolverine" than they clearly failed to give a satisfying character.
"Try so hard"??

Okay. I totally enjoy your posts. But you do realize that he whipped your ass here right? He did so in a loving way dripping with gentleness, but nonetheless he made you WERK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones
You keep saying they gave her a consistent personality, yet it takes multiple paragraphs to describe it, and even then the differences between the movies are still not justified by the explanation. Why did she change from being scared to being mad? Is she still mad and/or scared in X3? Most of her personality is derived from two or three conversations throughout three whole movies, which makes for a pretty weak character.

He answered all of this succinctly. Is it possible that you're splitting hairs or simply dissatisfied with what are clearly sound, unbiased answers? Why do you think I let him respond to you versus me handling your inquiries? You would've said, "Blah blah LS, we all know you love Storm, etc.," and would've blown me off.

The Guard loves no one. He only loves the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones
I'm glad it worked for some people, but I don't want to settle for Storm as Wolverine's sidekick.
I couldn't agree with you more. Which is why we need a reboot my friend.