View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #663
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
According to who? Again, as it's been stated by me and a few others many times, if X4 was so desired, why didn't they make it a few years after X3? It's not like its predecessor didn't make money. In fact IIRC, it made the most money of all the X-films. So if your argument about FC is its box office numbers, and lack of cast desirability, why did FOX opt OUT of making a sequel to a box-office smash with so many "A-listers"? Seems to me that, according to your arguments, it would have been the perfect recipe for a smash hit..
Just because the studio is not greenlighting the movie yet, it doesn't mean they don't think it won't make more money. There's no Indiana Jones 5 yet, there's no National Treasure 3 yet and there's no X-Men 4 yet.

Studios and producers usually give this movie franchises a break to do other things like spin-off movies, spin-off TV shows and or just things that isn't related to the movie franchises. And for some, they just don't have the effort anymore to continue the series. But that doesn't mean they don't think a "X-Men 4" type of movie is not gonna be a success.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/