View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #667
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Sorry, this just didn't make sense to me... What does Johnny Depp have to do with Basterds?

Also, on an unrelated note, people need to really keep the idea of X4 in perspective. I know it's exciting to have Singer back and I know we all loved his movies and it would be great to forget the mistakes of the past but before we all start marking our calendars for when we'll see X4 in cinemas, let's not forget that correcting all those mistakes and coming out in a better place for the series by the end of DOFP is still going to be a HUGE task. It's got to be a great movie in it's own right, not just a liquid paper patch up job for the plot holes and failures of the series so far.

How about we count our chickens once they've hatched? There's an incredibly ambitious movie between now and X4 and I would think fellow fans who have been so burned by XFilms in the past wouldn't be so willing and ready to get their hopes up again.
Woops, I mean Brad Pitt, the lead actor of that movie.

And seriously if the line-up for X4 is like this:
Wolverine
Cyclops (assuming Bryan Singer resurrected him at the end of DOFP)
Storm
Jean (just like Cyke)
Rogue
Iceman
Shadowcat
Colossus (the usual small role)
Angel
Psylocke

And the villains are Apocalypse and his minions. There's no doubt it would be more successful than a First Class sequel that might consists of Young Prof X, Young Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Young Cyke, Young Jean and Young Storm. Even if they have Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister as the villains. I don't think they could easily rival the star power of the original series. If I was the head of FOX or one of the producers, I would really suggest that they develop and move forward with their stronger and more marketable series.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-24-2013 at 08:42 PM.