Thread: Crysis 3
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #108
Resistance61513
Side-Kick

Default Re: Crysis 3

This game, in one word,

Masterful.

I'm completely floored with how great of a job Crytek did closing out this brilliant franchise. While it doesn't bring anything new to the FPS genre, honestly what game does nowadays, they've perfected their mechanics and strengthened their weak points. In short...this was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had this generation.

The campaign only lasted me about 4 1/2 hours on normal. I know what you're thinking "Wow, that's it? Not even worth it". This may be true for any other first person shooter but not Crysis. You see Crysis, while it's a bunch of smoke and mirrors, feels like an open world game. I immediately dove back into the campaign upon completing normal mode and tackled superhero.

I had a much more enjoyable go around the second time than the first. Mostly because there were a ton of things I missed on my first play through. Various ways of attacking objectives, secondary objectives I missed, weapons that I learned fully how to control.

If you're on the fence about getting this game, don't be. This is a game you have to check out. While I will say the Crysis games aren't for everyone, don't let that deter you. Find out for yourself.

I really hope they release the soundtrack to this game soon!

Resistance61513 is offline   Reply With Quote