View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #115
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
In a scenario in which Marvel Studios' current slate and its other biggest franchises are potentially cannibalizing each other for screen time, a Luke Cage and Iron Fist team-up movie is the least of my concerns.
I wouldn't necessarily say they're cannibalizing each other. I mean if what Feige, Stan Lee and Loeb is an indicator of the future of the MCU, GotG is their testing ground for breaking out extremely obscure properties. And as much as we love him Ant-Man( not Yellow Jacket or Giant Man but ant controlling Ant-Man) is an obscure property to the public or at least his powers are. And Dr. Strange is just as obscure as AM and GotG. Even though they have characters that could probably sit better with the public i.e. Black Panther, Ms Marvel( with an updated/changed backstory), Luke Cage and Iron Fist etc. Marvel is still choosing to go with more difficult to translate to film characters