Thread: Superman Lives!
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #215
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Talking Re: Superman Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouan View Post
Okay, I finally read the Wesley Strick script for Superman Lives, a script which I was sure would prove that this movie wouldn't have been as bad as it seemed, and it's ****ing bad... the dialogue is really bad... I could hear Nicolas Cage saying that **** tho. And despite the crappy screenplay, I still wish they had made it. It would be such a weird Superman movie, and propably really entertaining. Kinda like Stallone's Judge Dredd. Great production design and campy as **** but someways enjoyable.
The worst thing was the dialogue one of the reasons I prefer the Gilroy script. Infact if you go on the link I attached in the posts above he points out exactly why the script is so bad.

Like I've said before I wouldn't have minded seeing it but with someone like Jim Caviezal (who at that time was an unknown). I really couldn't stomach Cage as Superman but wouldn't have minded if he had been Jor El. I would've liked either Sandra Bullock or Courtney Cox as Lois Lane and Spacey would've been awesome, I actually liked him in Superman Returns.

#TEAM SNYDER

You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.

Last edited by BH/HHH; 02-25-2013 at 03:15 PM.
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote