View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #137
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
and just one or two more little things here. take a look at the scene with Odin and the two boys again. Odin says..

"Only one of you can ascend to the throne, but both of you were born to be kings."

Only one of those two boys can ascend to the throne. In other words, Balder is NOT in the picture here. So either little boy Loki already killed Balder, which is *highly unlikely*, or Balder was never there.

Also, note, at the beginning of all of that, Odin does give the impression that it has been some time since he defended Midgard from the Frost Giants. Certainly more than 10 or so years. There has been enough time for them to have "fallen into man's myths and legends". So no, I do not go along with the idea that Asgardian children grow up on a similar timeline to humans. I would agree with hundreds of years to mature (physically at least ). I definitely dont get the impression that Thor has been an "adult" for 1000 years at the beginning of Thor 1.
Balder probably doesn't exist. OR it's like the show, and balder simply isn't a son of Odin