View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #711
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
So your telling me a team X Force movie with Cable, Deadpool, Wolverine, Psylocke and Archangel wont sell? That movie would make money and bring in audiences just on the fact Wolverine and (real) Deadpool are in it. If they limit the movies then this franchise will never grow and characters will never shine. Audiences could care less about GOTG years ago but now its being hyped from everyone since its connected to something bigger. Even some hardcore comic fans dont know those characters. But you can be damn sure they will show opening day same with the GA, audiences like that these films are conected and grow. Thats part of the fun when done right. I mean where is the proof audiences dont like this? The fact that X Men has a huge amount of some of the most well known characters in comcs and Fox isnt doing **** with them is one of the worst thing about this series.
Well its definitely not gonna sell more than $200 million. It will still look like a spin-off and prequel to general audience and general audience always prefer the Original Series. Look at Puss in Boots and Shrek for example. Plus we already had a movie with Wolverine/Deadpool and that was Origins and it didn't cross the $200 million mark at domestic box-office. You aren't thinking what's going to sell to the general audience, they couldn't care less about the other X-Men teams like X-Force, New Mutants, etc. At the end of the day, money is what matters the most to studios. It doesn't matter that much if the movie is good or not or if it please the comic-book fans. If movies like X-Force and Deadpool bombed at box-office. This movie series would be over.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018