View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #147
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
But earth had already started to see some pretty wierd stuff, right? I can't think of the exact quote off hand, but Fury alluded to that, which was the reasoning behind using the tesseract to create weapons.

Not to mention the superpowered destruction that had already been wrought by the individual Avengers themselves (Harlem was Hulk smashed, for heaven's sake). After a while people get kinda jaded by all these superpowered activities.

Oh, another god? Fine. Whatever.
lol; perhaps, but Thor and Loki were the first extraterrestrial beings that they had encountered, thus like Fury said, proving that human beings weren't the only ones in the universe.

If I had to make an argument, I'd say that people were more in awe of Steve Rogers, due to his World War 2 heroics and legends, and more conscious of Banner due to his ability to turn into the Hulk than they were of Thor, the Asgardian God of Thunder just casually walking about on the Hellcarrier.lol