View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #549
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
I did. A "Best Picture" category isn't anymore snobby than the rest of the categories. They are all just the opinion of the group giving out the award.
That's not actually true. There is a lot to be judged in all the other categories. Best film is pretty cut and dry but I might not think the actors or director of those films are the best. A more emotional film requires more of the actors. Directors might have to direct the actors more in an emotional film but there is so much more to direct in an action film and it is so much harder. I personally think that if there is a great action film out that year then the diredctor of that film should always be in the hunt for best director but they almost never get the credit they deserve. Ultimately most of the other categories require a better understanding of what goes on behind the scenes in a film process than what most casual viewers know but best film is an opinion on the quality of the finished product and as far as Im concerned the majority rules and some small group thinking their oipinion is better and givinbg it such prestige is snobby.

Quote:
...according to you. Not according to the Academy, obviously.
Well DUH! My first comment was that I didn't think any of these awards shows should have a best picture category. Appearently you a an a couple of others don't think anyone should have a differing opinion from your own and if they do they must be beaten into submission.

Last edited by The_Mighty_Thor; 02-26-2013 at 11:06 AM.
The_Mighty_Thor is offline   Reply With Quote