View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #763
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
DOFP will change that and you can only truly say that the ship has sailed, once FOX released an X-Men 4 movie and if ends up not doing well at the box-office and movie reviews from the critics/general public. You are only saying that the ship has sailed because you're tired of 1 character but clearly the general public isn't tired of Wolverine.

And Spider-Man 4 and Fantastic Four 3 didn't work simply because the people who were in charge of those movies didn't move forward.

You don't have to have Hugh Jackman in order for Wolverine to exist.

What about the rest of the X-Men? What of their future? So many people are unhappy with the characterization of sooo many characters i.e. Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Jean, the list goes on and on. The actors playing these roles have gotten older and have moved on. The damage to those characterizations is significant and I think we all know deep down that many of these issues will never be fixed with this particular cast/director, etc.

It's too late.

So yes, in that sense the ship has certainly sailed. We are never going to see certain characters portrayed properly as long as they are miscast by the actors playing them, or the actors continue to age physically.

The James Bond and Star Trek series have done exceptionally well even though the previous franchises still had juice in them. Sometimes rebooting a franchise is like refreshing your PC screen--it makes things better and clearer.

I don't understand why some of you are terrified of the idea of rebooting this franchise. Don't you want to see a no-holds barred approach to the Phoenix? What about a truly sci-fi, fantasy-driven adventure not based in "reality"? How about a truly terrifying Weather Goddess, or a Rogue that doesn't mope around from scene to scene, ashamed of who she is? Don't you crave a Cyclops that is actually at the center of the action rather than always MIA for each movie? I mean, come the hell on.

Wolverine has been fleshed out well. But we all know DAMN WELL that the X-Men themselves have yet to arrive. This series has to be reborn.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 02-27-2013 at 12:15 AM.