View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #348
titansupes
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

I want the classic suit back, too. I really miss it. But I think it would be a mistake to do it in this iteration, in spite of what ASM2 is doing. They've gone to all this effort to remove the trunks (and apparently the suit has function in the story, plus matching the other Kryptonian uniforms) it would look strange (and the audience would laugh at the deliberate re-inclusion of the trunks... If you have the classic suit, just have it and don't talk about. Drawing attention to it would be a bad move). Plus, SUperman is not the type of character to redesign his main suit over the course of a series ala Batman. Neither is Spider-Man in my opinion, but it's less of a big deal for him (might just be because I'm not a big fan of that character, but still).

Plus it helps that I really like the MoS suit. If it were the New 52 suit we were talking about, I'd disregard everything I just said and yell "Bring the classic suit back! Look at ASM2!"