View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #581
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
Another failing brand looks bad on Disney even if there is a clear delineation that it's Fox. They could easily make Marvel look lame. The last X Men was good, but before that it was the second X Men, they miss more than they hit.
Hmm, I've never really thought of that before. But are you so sure that the ignorance of the general audience in regards to rights and continuity would make such a big difference in their attitude towards strictly Marvel studios films? I mean, these are probably a lot of the same people that were surprised that Batman wasn't in the Avengers. To those kind of people, comic book movies are comic book movies. I think a dud from the X-men series is more likely to make the genre as a whole look bad (including Spider-man and DC characters).

Anyway, I don't really like any of the X-men films. They definitely have a bad hit to miss ratio.