View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #85
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Default Re: MCU Phase 2 Box Office/Budget Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
I have a feeling Avengers 2 won't make as much money as the first one. Phenomenons like the first Avengers is very hard to replicate on a sequel. Avatar 2 won't make as much money as Avatar 1 either, regardless of quality.
I disagree. If the quality is just as good if not better than the first movie their sequels have a good chance of surpassing them. As far as Avengers 2 goes it has the hype like no other film franchise right now and it's going to stay that way. I mean look at the Harry Potter films. They progressively did better than the films before it.

And Def28 you're correct Marvel is leading in the comics side and in the film side too. Marvel has a bigger brand name than DC by a long shot. The world may have know Superman and Batman better before but the world definitely knows X-Men, Iron Man, and Spider-Man just as much now.