View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #583
roach
I am the night

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
The article from the main page is interesting to me.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...fantastic-four

The part that catches my eyes is here where they say:

To be directed by Chronicle's Josh Trank, Fantastic Four is targeted for release on March 6, 2015. Vaughn, who directed 2011's X-Men: First Class, is also producing the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past as well and, while nothing has been confirmed as of yet, it has been speculated that Fox could develop their Marvel properties for the same kind of crossover potential shown with Marvel's The Avengers.

Now I'm no expert on the Marvel U being mostly a DC guy, but I'm pretty sure Fox has control of a fair number of Marvel properties. Spider Man, X-Men, FF, just those lineups alone has a huge backup cast. But exactly how deep into the MCU does Fox reach? the X Men have a lot of characters.

How Many characters does Fox have? If they do this sort of build up to a big movie like the Avengers don't you think Fox is highly likely to screw it up? When is Disney gonna come in with the crazy Disney money and wrest the characters back from Fox ... if at all that's possible.
In an situation Disney would have to pay a lot of money..maybe more than they are willing to pay.
Fox has all the X-men and FF characters.

However the main thing to think about is that Marvel isnt a big studio. They can't handle more than two or three major franchises at a time. Getting X-men and FF would strain their resources...sure they have Mickey Money to play with but that isnt always a good thing borrowing money from mom and dad. If they were to get X-men and FF back we wouldnt see them in movies for a long time.
So Disney is content to let Fox do movies and get a cut of the profits. Pretty much doing very little and getting paid.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan