View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #24
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
As a Thor fan, I am not happy with the treatment the destroyer has gotten in the mcu. Thor destroying it, shield making it a gun, now stark? Outside of Odin, the destroyer should easily be the most powerful thing so far in the mcu, using it to make weapons and new armor, not okay in my book. Anyone. Else agree?
With the gun to beat the destroyer yes I am a little upset. But if they are in fact going to stick to the Extremis story arc, Extremis was the beginning of Iron Man being OP in the Comics. After that arc he was pretty much one of the most powerful characters in the universe given his physical power and resources. Do I think in that, or any suit should Tony be able to walk up to the destroyer and shut him down? No of course not but I do think he would be able to at the very least defend himself.

Also just based on logic, each character has to progress individually to become more and more powerful. Especially if they expect the current cast to be able to handle Thanos and have it be believable.

Last edited by Mr. Stark; 02-27-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Adding