View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #366
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
-And then there is that picture of them...kissing?! I actually wouldn't be surprised if they went there in a third film and the actors were both adults at that point. Fractured childhoods and all that noise for both characters....but that would still be creepy. And to do it here given their ages is....yeah.
I hope there isn't too much "Hit Girl romance". She's too friggin' cool for romance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanos View Post
I just watched Kick Ass for the first time a few nights ago. I had heard of the film, and vaguely remember watching a trailer for it, but have no recollection of what I saw. Outside of this I knew nothing about it, nor did I come on here to discuss it with anyone. I was expecting a silly, light hearted, and non violent film about teens going out dressed as superheroes. When I saw Cage shooting Moretz in the chest I was kind of thrown for a loop. I was like, hmm, that's kind of unusual for the type of film I was watching, but let it go. It wasn't long after that that I was watching Moretz stabbing people and cutting off body parts to the tra la la song. The film got more and more violent as it went, and 99% of the violence was committed by a murderous 11 year old dressed in a silly purple costume.

In summary, this was easily the most violent and inappropriate teen film I've ever watched - and I loved ever minute of it. I wonder what the parent teacher council had to say about it. The film had the perfect blend of story, drama, and action. The score worked beautifully and may have been one of the best if not the best I heard all of 2012. It was a little weird hearing reused music from another film though, but it worked well. Hit Girl was my favorite character and really stole the show.
As you said later, the good thing is that you didn't have to sit around all this time hoping for KA2 to happen. Sure looked like it wasn't for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
Ya gotta admit though, Carrey looks ****ing awesome
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addison81 View Post
What's everyone's favorite action sequence from the first film? I'm always back and forth between the big daddy warehouse sequence and the hit-girl rescue sequence. They both have awesome music, and love the editing during the big daddy sequence. The best thing is all the action sequences have a reason, their not just there for the sake of action. Hope the sequel is the same regarding this.
I like the first appearance of Hit-Girl myself. For one thing, it's the first time we see her...for another, her grin cracks me up...and lastly that music is so wrong it's perfect.