Thread: Superman Lives!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 03:32 AM   #229
theMan-Bat
Nocturnal

Default Re: Superman Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post

- Clark telling Lois his secret at a Japenese. Also her quickly coming to terms with it
That was in the Wesley Strick script, too. That doesn't really bother me. Lois suspected Clark Kent was Superman in the comics and on the George Reeves Adventures of Superman TV show. Jerry Siegel even had Superman reveal the secret identity to Lois and she quickly comes to terms with it in "The K-Metal from Krypton" story as far back as 1940, and but DC editorial director Whitney Ellsworth declined to publish it in 1940.

Superman also was to first learn he was an alien from Krypton in Jerry Siegel's "The K-Metal from Krypton" story.

Quote:
Things I have liked though:
- the opening on Krypton, way I read it came across like a scene from a horror movie
There isn't even a Krypton opening in the original Dan Gilroy script I have that's dated February 24, 1998. It just starts off opening with Superman fighting the guys who dumped nuclear fuel rods into a lake. In the second Dan Gilroy script I have dated September 20, 1998, after Tim Burton was off the project, opens with a brief Krypton scene with Jor-El fighting Brainiac, which was based on the longer Krypton opening scene from the Wesley Strick script.

B i R D M A N
In theaters October 17th.

"Better Call Saul!"
On AMC in February.

Last edited by theMan-Bat; 02-28-2013 at 04:18 AM.
theMan-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote