View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #104
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Robin wasn't in the film some made up BS character with the first name of Robin was.
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Two major differences:

1. Kevin Feige isn't Chris Nolan. Nor JJ Abrams, nor M. Night. Those guys make a cottage industry of subterfuge; Marvel Studios doesn't.

2. Robin and Talia al-Ghul were major plot points; they obviously had a duty to keep it secret. And when fanboys guessed the truth very early on, there was no other option but (im)plausible denial. Someone like Wasp would NOT be a major plot point in the IM3 movie --- there's simply no room for her story (or any other Avenger's, for that matter) to suddenly blossom into a full-blown subplot that takes away from the main plot points featuring Tony, Rhodey, Pepper, Mandarin and Killian. Ergo, no need to hide behind lies and denial about a cameo character.
word. I was just putting it out there that lying wouldn't be the craziest thing for a director or whomever to do. And Stozaks character seems like to me she really does have an important plot point, maybe not in IM3 but in Phase 2 as a whole. Marvel thinks bigger! haha

"1983: I was 14 years old and I still have a nanny.. that was weird!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( )