View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #21
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: Anybody else miss Terrence Howard as Rhodey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
"Next time, baby!"
Drinking sake with strippers on Tony's jet. The "fun-vee." "I don't blow on a man's dice." "Oh my god, you crazy son of a *****! You owe me a plane, you know that, right?" "That's the coolest thing I've ever seen." "Just stick to the cards, man."

This is black sidekick shuckin' and jivin', and it's as old as the 60s. Cheadle in IM2 and IM3 acts like a Colonel in the USAF, not Eddie Murphy in 48 Hours.
Uh, maybe you need to rewatch the film but Tony roped Rhodey into drinking sake with him on the plane, he didn't just say "Yeah let's get wasted". Tony is the one who came up with the fun-vee. Only women blow on men's dice. And the rest of that is just him joking around.

None of that equates to "jivin" and definitely not being a "gangsta pimp". The hell is wrong with you. Being stiff and unfunny =/= being a colonel in the USAF. Quite the opposite, many colonel's have that type of sense of humor IN ADDITION to their sense of duty. Honestly, unless you're just a hard ass most people in the military only act upright or whatever in front of their superiors.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote