View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #38
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: Anybody else miss Terrence Howard as Rhodey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Well, duh, stupid lil ol' me don't know nothin' bout no real people in the military....

...except for my dad who retired from the USAF as a Staff Sergeant in '63, and who sat right there in the theater on IM's opening day with me and shook his head and said, "Who is this clown? He wouldn't have lasted one week in the Air Force."

And I'll ignore the race-baiting comment, too. Try to stick to intelligent debate instead of trying to dig for personal insults, mmkay? I'd hate to call in a mod on you, Dent, but you're seriously trying my patience with this particular post. I expect better of you.
I am not race baiting, I'm stating how your comments come off objectively. It sounded borderline racist whether you realized it or not. You took an officer not being stuck up and turned it into him being a "gangsta pimp" and a shivin and jivin black guy...which you said yourself. How is that not borderline racist? You're taking the fact that he is black and putting a stereotype on him because he wasn't all orderly conduct the entire film as an Airmen, or in other words he because acted like a real person. I'm not saying you were overtly racist but it came off that way to an extent. Don't use terms like gangsta pimp and basically calling him a token 60s black guy when it is not remotely called for.

And finally, most people and officers in the AF just don't act like that, especially when they're not in front of their superiors. I don't know how it was back when your dad was in it, but I am actually in the Air Force right now, and I can tell you from first hand experience none of the offices I know act like they have a stick in their ass 100% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
just because his view/opinion differs from yours? nice
No, because he's calling the way Howard portrays Rhodey's character a "gangsta pimp" and 60s "jivin" black guy for no legitimate reason at all. Half the examples he used to support his claim didn't even come from Rhodey in context. Rhodey didn't come up with the hum-vee, Tony did. Rhodey did not want to drink on the plane, Tony did. Rhodey refused to blow on Tony's dice because that's what women do, which Tony asked him to do. Yes I asked what the hell was wrong with him because what he said was uncalled for.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote