View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #454
OutRiddled
Banned User

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
The magic trick?
Ah-ta-ta-ta, let's not blow this out of proportion?
LOOK AT ME?
You remind me of my father, I hated my father?
I had a wife who was beautiful, like you?
Very poor choice of words?
HIT ME?
Well, depending on the time, he may be in one spot or several?
You're just a freak - like me?
You'll just have to play my little game if you want to save one of them?
You have nothing to threaten me with, nothing to do with all your strength?
Do you wanna know why I use a knife?
I just want my phone call?
I'm an agent of chaos?
It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns?
You and I are destined to do this forever?

Those aren't iconic enough for you?
I love Jack's Joker too, but you are waaay off base about Ledger.
If I didn't know those lines were from The Dark Knight, I'd say that's like a mix of Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange, Top Dollar from The Crow, Toecutter from Mad Max..... there's plenty of villains that had really cool dialogue, but none of it screams 'JOKER' to me. Like Jack pulling a ridiculously long pistol out of his pants and shooting down the Batwing. Those kind of moments that really live up to the name "Joker".

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Yeah, I don't associate Joker much with following Vicki Vale around because he fancies her, or thinking of himself as an artist, or being the killer of the Waynes. I liked Jack but he didn't nail Joker as much as Ledger did, IMO. Ledger vanished into the role. From the voice to the facial mannerisms to body language. Not a trace of Ledger. Whereas I always knew I was watching Jack. That's one reason why I don't think Nicholson had more talent with the role.
Yeah, and he also tried to throw Vicki Vale off of a building ("let me lend you a hand")... He's a "homicidal artist" that defaces artwork I guess the joke's on you...

And it doesn't really matter that he killed the Waynes in that film, it was only to set up the final confrontation. It made perfect sense in the context of the film.

Jack nailed it, even Bob Kane agrees. But as I said, Ledger had a certain physicality that was perfect for Joker.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote