View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #456
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
If I didn't know those lines were from The Dark Knight, I'd say that's like a mix of Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange, Top Dollar from The Crow, Toecutter from Mad Max..... there's plenty of villains that had really cool dialogue, but none of it screams 'JOKER' to me. Like Jack pulling a ridiculously long pistol out of his pants and shooting down the Batwing. Those kind of moments that really live up to the name "Joker".
http://www.jokerfans.blogspot.ie/

Quote:
Yeah, and he also tried to throw Vicki Vale off of a building ("let me lend you a hand")...
After spending half the movie stalking her like some love sick weirdo. Not the Joker's style at all. He doesn't just become infatuated with random women like that.

Quote:
He's a "homicidal artist" that defaces artwork. I guess the joke's on you...
Yeah ok. Great comeback. I've never known the Joker to give two hoots about art work that much or consider himself to be an artist of any kind.

Quote:
And it doesn't really matter that he killed the Waynes in that film, it was only to set up the final confrontation. It made perfect sense in the context of the film.
It matters to me. It really altered the nature of the Batman/Joker dynamic because when they finally come face to face it's just Batman beating up Joker for killing his parents. That's not like any Batman and Joker feud I've ever read. I heard it annoyed a lot of Batman fans back then, too. Even Sam Hamm, the writer of the movie, disliked it:

"Many observed that Burton was more interested in the Joker rather than Batman in terms of characterization and screen time. Comic book fans reacted negatively over the Joker murdering Thomas and Martha Wayne. In the comic book, Joe Chill is responsible. Writer Sam Hamm, who is a comic book fan, said it was Burton's idea to have the Joker murder Wayne's parents. "The Writer's Strike was going on," Hamm continued, "and Tim had the other writers do that. I also hold innocent to Alfred letting Vicki Vale into the Batcave," he reasoned. "Fans were ticked off with that, and I agree. That would have been Alfred's last day of employment at Wayne Manor."

http://destinyosbourne.hubpages.com/hub/the-batman

Quote:
Jack nailed it, even Bob Kane agrees.
You mean Bob Kane the plagiarist who stole all the creative credit from Bill Finger? The Bob Kane who thought Val Kilmer was the best Batman?

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 02-28-2013 at 04:38 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote