View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #59
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Anybody else miss Terrence Howard as Rhodey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlesInTheAir View Post
There was absolutely NOTHING in Iron Man that made Rhodey look like any of those things you brought up. You pulled them all out of your ass and you know it.

Don't tell me what I *do* or *don't* believe. I've always hated Howard's portrayal for EXACTLY the reasons I've explained, and have said so for the past 5 years, even right here on this very forum.

I use the "black buddy cop sidekick" and "hip hop gangsta pimp" analogies because that's exactly the way I perceive him acting. And I perceive that kind of acting as being "shucking and jiving." Ask Spike Lee about how that works....he can tell you all about it.

You don't agree with my perception of Rhodey? Fine, disagree. It's not wrong, it's not right....it's an *opinion.* But when you and Dent start throwing around insulting labels like "racist," don't expect me not to react. That's flamebaiting, and you got your flame. You don't wanna deal with it, then learn to debate in a more civil manner before you start spouting insulting and presumptuous posts at people you don't even know.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote