View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #53
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Why is everyone slamming TDKR?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with people not liking or even hating TDKR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Gosh no. It's a lot bigger than that. I'm talking about across the net. Much like the OP said, he/she sees it everywhere now. It's been on the increase for the last few months. Especially since it came out on DVD.
I don't see anyone bashing the film except for a familiar few who did it way before it was released on Blu-ray/DVD personally. Maybe I'll check out areas on the forums that I don't visit, but I see really a dividing of people who like/love it and people who dislike/hate it. No inbetween, much like Batman Returns and Watchmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
I can't help but recall how people responded when the picture of Talia leaked in the Summer of 2011. Then Nolan made his comment about other villains being watered down versions of the Joker. I think Nolan's comments and choice of villains rubbed some people the wrong way. No one expected Bane and Talia; Penguin, Catwoman and Riddler were all very popular choices in the months before Nolan announced Bane and Catwoman as the villains.
Penguin would've been a nice choice as a villain, but personally, I did NOT want to see Riddler at all in a third film. Glad it didn't happen.

Quote:
Then, as Joker says, some may just not feel the movie measures up to the standards set by the previous two. The people who just "slam" it without giving a reason are likely looking to see if the Batboard folk live up to their reputation.
What do you think the percentage is of people having very thought-out reasons of disliking the film to people who just slam the film without any foundation behind it? 80-20?

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 02-28-2013 at 06:29 PM.