View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #79
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Default Re: Anybody else miss Terrence Howard as Rhodey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Sam, I don't understand how you can't see what you're saying is racist. Not only did Rhodey not act nearly like the stereotype you're saying, the fact you're comparing him to all these things when he did not act that way is overtly racist. I would not throw this claim at you if it were not. Just because he was not a hard ass officer (which AGAIN officers do not act like that all the time) does not mean he was a token 60s black guy doing a black funny man impersonation. Seriously, just typing that sounds horrible given what he was really like in the film. Maybe you should rewatch it because you obviously don't have a good recollection of what happened with Rhodey's character.

This sounds racist to me, being black myself. Maybe you don't understand because you're not black (don't know if you are or not but I'm assuming you're not) but if you said any of this to any other black person and showed them how he actually acted in the film they would punch you.

You too R_Hythlodeus, especially with that gangsta pimp comparison you made.
the 'pimp' part came from you, originally IIRC. But, whatever. If you really had no problem with Howards performance that's good for you.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote