View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 01:51 AM   #98
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Anybody else miss Terrence Howard as Rhodey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlesInTheAir View Post
We'll agree to disagree then. I saw nothing racist in Howard's performance, he was playing a character, and a convincing likeable one IMO. If you consider Howard's mannerisms racist then thats your problem.
my problem? really? First of all, I didn't say I saw it racist. Secondly, just because my opinion differs from yours, it means I have a problem??...I am telling you my POV, and most likely Sam's reasoning for his as well. Since an opinion differs from your opinion, said person has a problem? a bit egocentric huh? Let's not do that, or be like that. People like that aren't very likeably. Anywhere.

Now, as to my POV, I repeat..

I saw some stereotypes in Horwards portrayal that were probably unintentional. Those stereotypes..erhmmm *are what probably lead sam to think it was a racist performance*

alright?

No one is being racist here, I've taken a sociology cource this semester and last semester, with that **** being drilled into my head, I think i know enough to recognize the difference between stereotyping and racism lol cause they arent the same thing

Last edited by jaqua99; 03-01-2013 at 01:56 AM.
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote