View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 03:27 AM   #103
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anybody else miss Terrence Howard as Rhodey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I think you missed the part where we repeatedly stated we were not saying he's racist but the terms he was using given the actual context of Howard's performance were racist. Are you really going to tell me that using the terms gangsta pimp/jivin and shivin 60's black funny man/Chris Tucker and Eddie Murphy impersonations/hip hop attitude with the evidence he presented does not sound racist? Half of what he used as justification for his claims were not terms or scenes instigated by Rhodes and he obviously has a very rough memory of the film and that probably influenced his opinion. You don't just throw out those kinds of terms for what Rhodey actually did in the movie and they don't sound racist because they just do not apply. This is not objective, it is subjective.

I'm sorry, but Sam is wrong and he needs to own up to it and just learn a lesson. He can't make statements like those and expect them to just be ignored or brushed under the rug.

Not only that, but he continues to accuse me of calling him racist and threatens sicking a mod on me when it is obvious he is simply not understanding what he said and not understanding what others are trying to tell him.
I didn't see anything racist in what he was saying. He was more discussing stereotypes/mannerisms than actually using racial terms to put one race above another. I'd say, if anything, you're being a tad bit too sensitive to his opinion.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote