View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 03:28 AM   #109
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Anybody else miss Terrence Howard as Rhodey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I'm not being sensitive. I know what racist terms look like and those are them. I'm simply trying to tell him they are what they are and he needs to understand this and watch it going forward.

I think what you and jaqua are doing is giving him the benefit of the doubt because you know he is not inherently racist himself and are seeing what he is doing as a criticism of the film, but looking at those terms and the evidence he presented objectively, they come off as racist. He just can't throw those terms around in the context of a black actor simply because the way he portrayed the character was somewhat laid back in certain scenes. He sounds ignorant. He needs to own up to it and understand it. I'm not trying to put him on front street, but he just can't do that and not expect someone to hold him to a standard.

As Castle said, RDJ was wayyy more outlandish than Howard and is the one who actually instigated all those scenes he was talking about, yet no one has used those terms to describe RDJ's portrayal of Tony. It is what it is.

I really don't want to drop it...but yes I guess they are just not going to see them as racist the way an actual black person would.
. They? Why are you dragging me into it? sam tends to exaggerate with words, so i tried to mediate and explain what i thought his intentions were, based on how he posts. so Why are you putting words in my mouth? that it literally my biggest pet peeve, so i am really gunna try to just keep down, but I don't think it's a racist performance. I do NOT think that. Never said I did. What I did say, is that Howard showed some black stereotypes, that's it. And i like cheadle cause he was more believable as an airforce colonel. Stereotyping and racism are NOT the same thing.