View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 04:35 AM   #75
darklord1967
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bat-Character Costumes for a High School Stage Play

Well, this play WILL definitely feature very strong characterizations of ALL the fantasy characters.

But as a long -time (even "old-time") Batman fan of over 40 years, I have to say that I really prefer the classic look of these characters over their "modern" (or sculpted movie armor / video game) look.

To me, the costumes should be basic, straight forward, and elegant... not gimicky.

Also, many fans of The Batman's "modern" look seem to fail to realize that as recently as November of 2011 (when this "New 52" stuff started up), The Batman's "classic" look was the one that was always featured in the comics. So the classic look has been a steady part of the Batman mythology for a whole lot longer than his so-called "modern Robo-Bat" look... about 72 years by my calculation.

Even Dick Grayson's classic green pixie shoes and shorts Robin costume appeared as recently as 2010 in the "Batman: Under the Red Hood" DVD and possibly even in the pages of the comics after that.

Ultimately, this comes down to a matter of taste. For me, there will always be one look for the Caped Crusaders... their tried and true CLASSIC look.

darklord1967 is offline   Reply With Quote