View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #180
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Default Re: Han Solo Will Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
Thats entirely irrelevant given this is a fictional story, by that logic they shouldn't be speaking English either. The movie is being made for humans that easily connect with humans and human emotions. It doesn't matter that it's set in space they still need to seem human in order for us to connect with them. Really even those pixar movies about cars, fish, and toys all put them through a process called humanizing.

While you could make the argument that it'd be regressing his character, I had to point out just how off this statement is.
You're missing my point, though it's my fault for wording it incorrectly. I'm talking about the genre. Star Wars is very mythological, and almost like a space fairy tale. I don't think that very much realism needs to be injected. I'd be like having a subplot about someone getting raped in Lord of the Rings. It happens in real life, sure, but it just doesn't fit the tone very well, imo.