Thread: Smallville
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #564
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Smallville

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I never really had a problem with her because I liked Allison as well, but I think after season 6, her character went through some of the same issues that Lana went through earlier, which was that they didn't know how to keep her around, but they still wanted to have her around, so they changed her drastically to the point where it seemed like she was more of a setback for Clark.
I agree with this, when Lana left it seems like they gave Chloe some of what i would consider "bad Lana plots"(ie the relationship angst plots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
All that talk about him being a BDA was because Chloe had suddenly become smarter than him and basically commanded him around. He couldn't make any decisions without consulting her for a long time. Adding to that, they made her a meteor freak for a while, put her in the spotlight for much of the last few seasons, and had her marry Oliver while becoming Watchtower for the JL. Stuff like that made it more desirable that she would have died earlier in the series.
I think this was my bigger issue with the character then being shot into angsty relationship plots in later seasons(as bad as they were). I had no problem Chloe being used every now and then like they used her in early seasons but starting around Season 5 it was like Clark couldn't go to the washroom without consulting with Chloe first. It basically felt like Chloe to often was built up by dumbing down Clark so her character could have a bigger purpose. The show would be better served if Clark came to her on occasion for the odd piece of info in those early seasons, but let the heroics lie squarely on the shoulders of Clark and let Chloe be off doing her own thing and mainly used as a character Clark can talk to about stuff in his personal life(not hero life). I am guessing though the producers figured they would pander to the Chloe fanbase and have Chloe more active him sidekicking for Clark since it would give her more screentime and a bigger purpose.

Last edited by SV Fan; 03-01-2013 at 05:29 PM.
SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote