View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #610
CB Fan
The Watcher

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Avengers wouldn't have worked out as well without the separate films.

If Joss Whedon would be able to pull all that off in a 2.5 hour movie. Then he would be a god.
It would have been a very different movie but yes I still do believe Joss could do an Avengers movie without any of them having a solo movie and it still be great. You probably would have had different characters (like Hank and Janet Pym as opposed to Hawkeye and Black Widow) and a different villain and story in general but it could have worked.

I understand with any "Team" origin some characters are gonna have to stick out more than others and I even gave Singer credit for doing a good X1, he gave us a strong leader in Cyclops, a Jean who wanted to do more for her team but felt limited due to her powers, an awesome Prof. X with backstory for he and Magneto, and a Storm who was so powerful yet afraid of the power of normal humans. And he did all that along with a story that involved and focused mainly on Wolverine and Rogue.

It's his X2 that was basically "Wolverine and the X-Men" and even though he didn't direct it X3 is "Wolverine and the X-Men" as well and that is not how it should be and that is where the comparison to Avengers comes from as it could have easily been the "Tony Stark and his amazing friends show" but it wasn't.

Last edited by CB Fan; 03-01-2013 at 10:13 PM.