View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #460
OutRiddled
Banned User

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I'm well aware of the history of Joker's characterization in the comics. I was shooting down your assertion that Ledger's Joker was not something you associate with the Joker from the comics when he is deeply rooted in the comic books.

I can also show you some quotes from DC Batman writers about the likeness of Ledger's Joker to the comics, too, if you like.
You changed my words around to suit your argument, but I otherwise I agree with what you're saying. The Joker from the comics has a 70+ years history, though, so you have a lot of leeway with whatever interpretation your going for.

Quote:
Funny the original appearance of the Joker was also an influence on Heath's as well. In the original Joker just appears as the Joker with no back story and no name just the Joker, announces he will kill people to Gotham, leaves Joker cards at the scene of his crimes, disguises himself as a Cop to get close to one of his victims, has some fisticuffs with Batman in one of their confrontations, and is captured at the end.

All things I saw in TDK. I didn't see any of that in Batman '89.
You're cherry-picking, of course. I don't remember from Batman #1 the Joker's motive being to cause anarchy and make this big point that everyone deep down is really like him.

He does though announce that his poisoning Gotham with cosmetic products and announces the Gotham parade (where he kills people), he still has his trademark Joker card:

He leaves his victims with a hideous grin like in Batman #1, unlike Ledger's Joker:

Quote:
Vicki could easily have been a damsel in distress without the Joker taking a fancy to her. She was a photo journalist for the press sticking her nose into sightings of the Batman. A tailor made role to get into trouble.
I still don't get why it's such a big deal. He was going after Vicki. So what? He was also trying to poison Gotham and kill Batman. He was also banging Grissom's moll. Joker has always been a man for the ladies, until he throws acid on their face or kills them.

Quote:
No, he mentions it on TV as well. Napier's file also said one of his aptitudes was art.
Ok, that's a very small detail though and it isn't a big part of the film.

Quote:
Yes you do because that's the way it was. It wasn't a dream and it wasn't a case of mistaken identity. The movie makes no implications otherwise.
I wasn't trying to say it was.

Quote:
Of course because it was a memory flashback to a horrible event.
Quite clearly, yes.

Quote:
Rubbish! You're making things up. The dance with the devil line is what triggered Bruce's memory of his parents' killer. One hell of a coincidence that the killer was named Jack and liked to use that line, too lol.

You won't find one shred of evidence to suggest it was the intention to show Bruce may have been wrong about Joker killing his parents. It was very clear cut.
I'm not saying it was wrong. Just compare it with the scene (of the Waynes murder) in Batman Begins, the way it was shot.

Quote:
And you're basing that unfounded assumption on.....?

It's not politics. It's an infamous scandal surrounding Bob Kane. Well documented.
Ok, but I really don't want to get into that debate.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote