View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #456
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
If that's the case what do you make of this:
In the meantime, Feige said that Marvelites can expect the groundwork for "Avengers 2" to start as early as "Iron Man 3," even if they won't quite know what to look for.
"I would say that the exercise of this film is very much standalone, more so than any 'Iron Man' film since the first one. But because we are in Phase Two and we're heading towards another 'Avengers' movie, there's certainly a road that's being paved you just might not notice it," he said regarding how much "Avengers" teasing we'll see in the "Iron Man" threequel. "While you're driving on the road, not knowing where it's going, you might not realize that there are road signs and signals and lane changes that we're setting up now they might not be readily apparent the first time you see them

I could be wrong about their connection I thought I saw somewhere that Hank worked for A.I.M.

And Easter eggs can be cameos if only a few people know who this person is. When Hawkeye showed up in Thor the GA had no idea who he was only we did So technically it could be an Easter Egg.
Hawkeye's appearance was a cameo, though, not an easter egg. Easter eggs would be, for instance, Selvig in Thor talking about a colleague he was going to contact who'd had run-ins with SHIELD before (i.e., Banner; and originally, that scene was supposed to say Pym's name outright); or the SHIELD world map with dots marking the location of Wakanda, Atlantis, and other Marvel U staples.

Feige's quote describes a subtle approach to Avengers 2. From that description, none of us --- fanboys included --- will even pick up on the Avengers 2 connections until after that movie comes out in 2015. Kinda hindsight 20-20 "oh yeah....now I see" thing. An outright cameo by Janet Van Dyne or Hank or T'Challa or anybody else would be as unsubtle as they come, in contrast.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014