View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #462
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
You changed my words around to suit your argument
In what way did I do that?

Quote:
You're cherry-picking, of course.
I doubt that, but lets see how you try and validate that false accusation...

Quote:
I don't remember from Batman #1 the Joker's motive being to cause anarchy and make this big point that everyone deep down is really like him.
Of course not, because Batman #1 wasn't the only comic used to inspire Ledger's Joker. I never said it was either. I said it was used an influence. Not THE influence. The link I showed you above should prove that given the plethora of comics from different eras in it. So where is this cherry picking?

Quote:
He does though announce that his poisoning Gotham with cosmetic products
He announces it as a product commercial. Not as a mass murder plot. Unlike in Batman #1 Joker announces that he will straight up kill people, like Ledger's Joker did. One of his victims in Batman #1 included a Judge, just like in TDK. Not promoting some great new product called Smilex that leaves you looking happy.

Quote:
and announces the Gotham parade (where he kills people)
Again he doesn't announce it as his intention to kill people. He announces it as a invitation to Gotham to get free money.

Quote:
he still has his trademark Joker card
The only time you see it in the whole movie and it was Jack Napier just holding it up for a moment. You never see him hold a Joker card when he becomes the Joker. Compare that to Ledger's Joker who uses it all the time, especially at scenes of his crimes, like in Batman #1.

So lets sum up. Your only claim to the Batman #1 influence is the use of Joker toxin, which he's used in a million different stories, and Napier holding up a Joker card once.

Is that it?

Quote:
He leaves his victims with a hideous grin like in Batman #1, unlike Ledger's Joker

Quote:
I still don't get why it's such a big deal. He was going after Vicki. So what?
So Joker doesn't just go chasing skirts. Unless you can list a bunch of comic book stories where he does this.

Quote:
He was also banging Grissom's moll. Joker has always been a man for the ladies, until he throws acid on their face or kills them.
When has Joker ever been a ladies man? Name three infamous Joker stories where he shows a keen interest in the opposite sex.

Quote:
Ok, that's a very small detail though and it isn't a big part of the film.
If you want to ignore the museum scene, his conversation with Vicki, his tele broadcast sure. The point is he saw himself as an artist.

Quote:
I wasn't trying to say it was. Quite clearly, yes. I'm not saying it was wrong. Just compare it with the scene (of the Waynes murder) in Batman Begins, the way it was shot.
Yeah so what? What point are you trying to make? That two different directors choose two different style to showing a flashback?

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 03-03-2013 at 09:22 AM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote